GHAMA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Ghana Association of Madison intends to emphasize higher education (two-year or four-year program) to our members by providing scholarship awards to entering and continuing undergraduate students annually. The Association will determine the amount and the number of awards per year. A High School graduate may receive one and only one award per undergraduate career.
Procedure: A general call for applications will go out to all members with a brief application form each February. The application and selection process will be administered by the Ghama Scholarship Committee. The committee will acknowledge all submissions and notify applicants of the decision. The award will be announced at the Picnic event and recipients will be celebrated at the next Ghana independence celebration event.
The eligibility criteria includes: The applicant should have been a paid up Ghama member or a dependent of a paid up Ghama member for two (2) consecutive years prior to the year of the award. In addition, for high school graduates,
an acceptance to a college is required.
Selection process (Guidelines)
- Application is a letter to the Scholarship Committee that details:
- Applicant’s involvement in the community
- The individual’s goals
- Other scholarship awards
- General statement of need.
- Letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, guidance counselor, principal/vice principal or college professor.
- For High school graduates only: University acceptance letter for freshmen
Submission and Selection Calendar
- February – Call goes out to Ghama membership
- May 31 – Deadline for submission (postmarked on or before June 1)
- June – Committee reviews applications. Applicants notified of the selections and award is announced at annual Picnic event. Recipients will also be celebrated at the next Ghana independence celebration event.