• INFANT MORTALITY RATE: ( PER 1,000 BIRTHS ) 51.3
• LITERACY RATE, YOUTH: (FEMALE AGES 15 – 24 78.9
• PREVALENCE OF HIV/AIDS AGES 15 – 49 5.4 (2007)
• TOTAL LAND AREA: ( 92456 SQ M) (239460 SQ KM)
SOURCE: WORLD DEVELOPMENT INDICATORS (WORLD BANK WEBSITE)
• INDEPENDENCE: MARCH 6, 1957
• GHANA HAS TEN (10) ADMINISTRATIVE REGIONS
• GHANA HAS 170 ADMINISTRATIVE DISTRICTS
• DISTRICT ASSEMBLIES ARE THE POLITICAL AUTHORITIES
• GHANA HAS 275 ELECTORAL CONSTITUENCIES
• GHANA HAS HAD SIX SUCCESSFUL ELECTIONS SINCE 1992
The Flag of Ghana
Ghana's President - John D. Mahama
The National Pledge I promise on my honour to be faithful
and loyal to Ghana my Motherland.
I pledge myself to the service of Ghana,
With all my strength and with all my heart.
I promise to hold in high esteem our
heritage won for us through the blood
and toil of our fathers;
And I pledge myself in all things to
uphold and defend the good name of Ghana.
So help me God.
The National Anthem God bless our homeland Ghana. And make our nation great and strong Bold to defend forever, The cause of Freedom and of Right Fill our hearts with true humility Make us cherish fearless honesty And help us to resist oppressor’s rule With all our will and might for evermore.
Hail to thy Name, O Ghana To thee we make our solemn vow Steadfast to build together A nation strong in Unity; With our gift of mind and strength of arm Whether night or day, in mist or storm, In every need whate’er the call may be To serve thee, Ghana, now and evermore.
Raise high the flag of Ghana And one with Africa advance Black Star of hope and honour To all who thirst for Liberty; Where the banner of Ghana freely flies May the way to freedom truly lie Arise, arise, O Sons of Ghanaland, And under God march on for evermore. (Composed by: Philip Gbeho)